Topic: How to Push a Package to a Client

Hi at all,

since we started to use GLPI + Fusioninventory in Version 0.84 I´m wondering if it is still possible to push a package to an Agent. In the documentations I found is always an option named "Communication Type" where you can choose either push or pull.

We are currently using GLPI 0.90 + Fusion Inventory 0.90+1.1 on a Windows Server 2012 and Im still not able to push a package. Can somebody tell me how to push a package or a Task in generell to Agents?

Re: How to Push a Package to a Client

In the task, you have:

* Agent wakeup interval (in minutes)
* Number of agents to wake up :

wakeup = push

See too in general options of plugin wink

Co-leader, official developper
DCS official PARTNER: dcs.glpi@dcsit-group.com

@ddurieux

Thanks for your fast reply.
Unfortunatelly I already tried these options without success.

At the moment for example i have a task called "Push Test"

Agent wakeup interval (in minutes) :

Number of agents to wake up :

In the Job Configuration I added a Package to install and a Client (Usually I use FusInv Groups instead of Clients with packages).

I would expect, that the client gets contacted by the server to install the package as soon as I add it to the task. Am I wrong?

Forget what i said... I dont know why but it works now.

Thanks for your help.

wink

Just one more question as I didnt find any documentation... what exactly is the value Agent wakeup interval (in minutes) for?
For example Interval 1 minute, Agents to wakeup 10 and the task is assigned to 200 Agents... Does it mean it wake up 10 Agents and wait for one minute or would it wakeup the SAME 10 Agents every minute again and again?

Bump - I really don't think I understand how this is intended to work. I'm finding it far harder to have the GLPI plugin actually start a task via push in 0.90.2 than in 0.84.5. How is this supposed to work? There are no "Force Start" or "Force the End" buttons. How do you have a task start again while testing if it errors once? I can't even get the GUI to show it preparing a task most times with the above instructions, forget about running on the agent. I mean, "push" isn't even an option that comes up in my dropdown, I am trying to use -1 instead, as that IS what comes up when I search for push.

If a task fails on an agent, will it never try again?

Sorry to ask again but what exactly does the value "Agent wakeup interval (in minutes)" do?

For Example in example above:

Agent wakeup interval (in minutes) :
Number of agents to wake up :

Btw. the Push tasks take a long time (>10 Minutes) to start contacting the first clients and then only one by one and not multiple clients at the same time. Any Idea what could be the problem?

Perhaps there is a bug hmm

Im almost sure it worked better in the first time.
Is it possible, that the process interrupts before running the task?
Im working with GLPI on a Windows Server using Xampp and run the cron.php every minute. I was thinking that it might be to much to do to finish within one minute?!

Is there somewhere a logfile?

What exactly do you mean?

Could this anywhere documented? Had to search for hours where push is gone wink