• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Import VMware guests - error duplicate/truncated serial number
Hello all,
I'm not sure it's a Fusion inventory problem or GLPI one as it's in the import phase that I get the error.

Here is the message in the GLPI logs when I try to import myvmguest2:

"Plugin_FusionInventory essaie d'ajouter un élément qui existe déjà : Enregistrement impossible pour Numéro d'inventaire = No Asset Tag
Un autre élément existe
[myvmguest1 - ID : 156 - Numéro de série : VMware-42 17 de 4a xx xx xx xx-xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 5b]"

The problem is that the 2 VM guests doesn't have the same serial number.
But the beginning is the same: "vmware-42". It's like GLPI was truncating the serial number.
Can anyone help sort it out if it's on Fusioninventory's side?
Thanks,
David

GLPI: 9.5.3
FusionInventory: 9.5.0+1.0
Topstreamfilm ist eine der führenden Websites in Deutschland, auf der Sie Filme und Fernsehsendungen auf Ihrem Computer oder Handy ansehen können Topstreamfilm
(2021-03-22, 16:07:07)DavidL Wrote: Hello all,
I'm not sure it's a Fusion inventory problem or GLPI one as it's in the import phase that I get the error.

Here is the message in the GLPI logs when I try to import myvmguest2:

"Plugin_FusionInventory essaie d'ajouter un élément qui existe déjà : Enregistrement impossible pour Numéro d'inventaire = No Asset Tag
Un autre élément existe
[myvmguest1 - ID : 156 - Numéro de série : VMware-42 17 de 4a xx xx xx xx-xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 5b]"

The problem is that the 2 VM guests doesn't have the same serial number.
But the beginning is the same: "vmware-42". It's like GLPI was truncating the serial number.
Can anyone help sort it out if it's on Fusioninventory's side?
Thanks,
David

GLPI: 9.5.3
FusionInventory: 9.5.0+3.0

Hello,
further details. The problem occurs during the import, even if I import manually the XML file.
The PHP page is inventorycomputerimportxml.php
I'm trying to look after the lines of code that check the serial number, but my PHP skills are lmited!
I just updated to fusioninventory 9.5+3.0 and it's still the same.
Any help would be appreciated Smile
David
Hello,
problem solved, it was not FusionInventory, but a unicity constraint based on "inventory number" which FusionInventory filled in with ASSETTAG.
And VMware returns "No Asset Tag" for every VM.

Sorry for disturbing uselessly!
David