• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNMP Models
We have some Cisco Switches which are not covered by your current SNMP Models. I have seen in other posts that you need a copy of the SNMPwalk from the device, which seems fair enough. But is there no way you can provide instructions on how to do this ourselves?

It cannot be a manual process and at the very least there must be common fields/OIDs used to retrieve data like the ones in the RFC1312 MIB for example.

The reason why I ask is that most administrators will be unlikely to submit snmpwalk info for core switches due to the security implications.

Any info you could provide as to how the SNMP Model XML files are created or the purpose of discovery.xml would be incredibly useful and would probably increase the number of supported devices no end.
Tools to generate models is not yet ready and documentation not yet written
Co-leader, official developper
DCS official PARTNER: dcs.glpi@dcsit-group.com
Could you provide some sort of timeframe for the availablity of the tools, are we talking weeks or months? Just wondering whether I am better off waiting or trying to amend the closest match to work with our switches.
I think in December with new version (2.3.0 for GLPI 0.78)
Superb, thank you.
November for beta test, so you will can create models and send me after and integrate it for final release in december :p
Is the tool available yet?
not yet, I have worked lots of time on bug fix and not have time to finish it
Bonjour,

y a t'il des nouvelles du développement de l'outil de génération de modeles snmp (notamment pour les équipements réseaux) ? Ou éventuellement une explication rapide de la structure du fichier xml de modèle et des champs utiles ?

Par avance merci pour votre réponse et pour votre travail.

Bonne journée.
Non toujours pas trouvé 5 jours pour finir de le développer Sad
Bonjour,

désolé d'être "lourd", mais avez eu le temps de finaliser l'outil de génération de modèles SNMP ?

Cela débloquerai un grand nombre d'utilisateurs qui n'osent pas ou ne peuvent pas vous envoyer de trace snmpwalk.

Par contre, une fois les modèles au point, ils pourrait les envoyer pour mise à jour au projet.

Par avance merci et encore désolé pour mon insistance.
Non toujours pas, la on travaille sur la 2.4.0 pour glpi 0.80, déjà qu'on n'aura pas le temps de mettre tous les tickets Sad alors l'outil de génération de modèles n'est pas fini Sad
I have a couple of network printers but have no idea what model type to select is there any documentation on it?

eg. No import No response from remote host,Printer,Array,Array,Officejet Pro 8500 A910,HP5DC49D

I suspect that I have the wrong snmp model selected, how do I get the right one??