• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FusionInventory + GLPI 0.78 possible?
Hi,

I've installed glpi 0.78 and fusioninventory-glpi from git with all the plugins. The plugin on itself seems working as I can see the test agent in the list of 'Agent configuration' but there seems no data added to the glpi Computer inventory. Am I doing something wrong, or is the program just not ready enough?

Greetings,

Micha
Greets,

Micha
It begin to work, but it's in dev mode.

You must configure :
1/ In configuration of plugin, you have a tab "agents modules" and you must check "Activation (by default)" in "INVENTORY" line and click on "update" button
2/ in plugins > fusioninventory, in menu array "FusionInventory INVENTORY" , you have a link "Criteria rules" ; add a rule like with "* Existant criterium" set to "serial number" for example and action "Import in asset" set to yes.

Now you can send inventory to GLPI Wink
Co-leader, official developper
DCS official PARTNER: dcs.glpi@dcsit-group.com
Hi,

It worked (once?) What I did:
- Already had the agent in the Plugins -> fusioninventory agent configuration with the INVENTORY module activated.
- Agent was linked to an existing computer.
- Created a new Criteria rule following your suggestion (although choosing for * Existant criterium set for Mac address).

The import worked! but created a new computer and didn't update the one that was allready in the inventory. I deleted the new one and ran the agent again, but now nothing is being updated.

Then I decided that it was better to have the computer with fusioninventory-agent as a new computer than have nothing at all, but it is impossible to get it working now. I've deleted everything (even the /var/lib/fusioninventory on the client) but nothing is being updated, created or anything.

Greets,

Micha
Greets,

Micha
I'm writing code for update existent devices, it will be ready Monday Wink
Then I'll test it on monday ;-)

But for my knowledge... How do I get my test computer 'as new' with fusioninventory into GLPI.... or maybe, I'll better just put it aside for this day and just wait for monday ;-)
Greets,

Micha
For the moment (before finish code), when you send your computer inventory to GLPI first time (from agent fusioninventory), it create a new computer...
That was what happened the very first time I got it working, but now I seem to be unable to reset everything to 'new' for this test computer.
Greets,

Micha
oh yes, not yet coded for the moment, planned next week :p
<grin> keeping you busy... I'll try to be patient....
Greets,

Micha
It's a big work Wink
And I even don't understand the database tables, I think I can't be very helpfull
Greets,

Micha
Anyone had any luck with SNMP Query? I've got the plugins installed but there seems to be some bugs with setting up the IP Range. I've added the range but when adding the task it will not pull up the IP range to select it when using either snmpinventory or netdiscovery, the list is blank. Using GLPI 0.78.1 and FusionInventory 2.3.0, devel I assume. Any ideas?
It's not yet available, we are in developement process Wink
Hai... a new computer is created... but a new one every day (or maybe everytime I boot, i'll test that). Do you want such info, or shall I just wait for a (bit) more developed version before reporting anything?
Greets,

Micha
You must get dev version of today (or yesterday), reinstall fusioninventory and fusinvinventory plugins and configure criteria rules (in menu plugins > Fusioninventory)
Hi it seems a new computer gets created every day. I've just updated to todays version from git, but the log doesn't show any changes on that part. I'll see tomorrow if the problem still is there.
Greets,

Micha
If you use good rules, you don't have many creations of same computer
Hmm... do you have an example of that... That 'rules' stuff is the part I find a bit difficult in glpi. I do have the following (default) rule:
Existant criterium is Mac address
Import in asset Assign Yes

thanx.
Greets,

Micha
If your computer is a vm, network card don't work, try to add an other rule like serial numbee or/and uuid, it must works better
But my computer is a 'real' one. I've got 4 (probably default) rules:

Existant criterium is Serial number
Existant criterium is uuid

Existant criterium is Mac address

Existant criterium is Serial number

MAC address is *
Import in unknown devices Assign Yes
Greets,

Micha
On 2 Computers (same computer) you have a tab named XML, can you send me the content, and I will test.
What's the best way to get this info to you? A forum mail seems to be impossible.
Greets,

Micha
d.durieux@siprossii.com
Hmm... cool, that xml did point me to the right direction:

[ 0.945456] forcedeth 0000:00:07.0: PCI INT A -> Link[LMAC] -> GSI 23 (level, low) -> IRQ 23
[ 0.945459] forcedeth 0000:00:07.0: setting latency timer to 64
[ 0.945487] forcedeth 0000:00:07.0: Invalid Mac address detected: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
[ 0.945489] forcedeth 0000:00:07.0: Please complain to your hardware vendor. Switching to a random MAC.
[ 1.020936] forcedeth 0000:00:07.0: ifname eth0, PHY OUI 0x732 @ 1, addr aa:b1:eb:e9:43:08
[ 1.020939] forcedeth 0000:00:07.0: highdma pwrctl mgmt gbit lnktim msi desc-v3

So the MAC does change everytime, there seems to be no "serial number" or "uuid" available with Ubuntu, so a new computer gets created with every reboot!

So now I know why a new computer is created everytime, but I don't know how to fix. I'll try the disc serial number
Greets,

Micha
A mac address never change on physical card!! it's very strange