• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FusionInventory + GLPI 0.78 possible?
Can you please open a bug and give some example of the random MAC address. If there is a common patern, I will add a filter to ignore them.

Cheers
Please contact Fusioninventory Partners companies if you look for a FusionInventory on site expert.
http://www.fusioninventory.org/partners/
Hi, I don't think it's a FusionInventory bug and I've browsed the source + http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address and it seems there is only 1 bit that determines if the mac is locally administered and the rest is random. So it seems there is no common pattern.
Greets,

Micha
The source of the driver or of the agent?
Please contact Fusioninventory Partners companies if you look for a FusionInventory on site expert.
goneri Wrote:The source of the driver or of the agent?

The source of the forcedeth driver. Just trying to find if there is a pattern in the MAC creation.
Greets,

Micha
Hi,

new info.. I've managed to install an extra network adapter in my machine and made that one eth0 (with some udev rules), the forcedeth card is now eth1. It seems to not solve the problem.

Stupid me just yesterday deleted all the 'extra' computers, so I can't send two XML files to you, but when looking at the XML (and in glpi as a matter of fact) It only sees one Ethernet controller, the other one seems to be detected as a 'bridge controller'

I'll send you the xml from the 30th.
Greets,

Micha
Is the XML generated ok? (use --local /tmp) The MAC address is ok this time?
There are 2 network cards. One eth0 / 8139too with a fixed mac and the build in forcedeth on eth1 with a changing mac every reboot.
Greets,

Micha
I can't see the glpi plugin under plugins section. So I can't install/activate the newest plugin from git.
I used before the version 0.72 & 2.2.2. Now I have the latest glpi 0.78.1 & dev version as of 4th january.
What I am doing wrong?
you must get the differents plugins (http://forge.fusioninventory.org/project...y-for-glpi , http://forge.fusioninventory.org/project...inventory, http://forge.fusioninventory.org/project...fusinvsnmp ).
Migration don't work for the moment, so use a fresh install Wink
Co-leader, official developper
DCS official PARTNER: dcs.glpi@dcsit-group.com
The name of the git repositories is not the name of the plugins, so you should rename the repository where you have your local version of the plugins.

As is explained http://fusioninventory.org/wordpress/dow...inventory/ :

You can download the current plugin using a git client, with the additionnal modules:

git clone git://gitorious.org/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-for-glpi-plugin_fusinvinventory.git fusioninventory
git clone git://gitorious.org/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-for-glpi-plugin_fusinvdeploy.git fusinvdeploy
git clone git://gitorious.org/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-for-glpi-plugin_fusinvsnmp.git fusinvsnmp
git clone git://gitorious.org/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-for-glpi-plugin_fusinvinventory.git fusinvinventory
Free software
hi all,

thanks for fast replies

previously i deleted the old fusioninventory plugin for glpi.
I get the latest version from git ->
git clone git://gitorious.org/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-for-glpi-plugin_fusinvinventory.git fusioninventory

and move the whole directory into the plugins directory of glpi. I can't see fusioninventory plugin under plugins section.

is there a mistake in writing in the 4th git line in last word?? fusinvinventory and not fusiOnvinventory
git clone git://gitorious.org/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-for-glpi-plugin_fusinvinventory.git fusinvinventory

why fusinvinventory? it's not the same as git clone git://gitorious.org/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-for-glpi-plugin_fusinvinventory.git fusioninventory ???

is it possible to delete some entries in the databse so I can install this plugin on the upgraded glpi version? (0.72->0.78.1)
You will see plugins in menu Administration > Plugins to install and enable it.

fusioninventory : core plugin. It manage tasks, communication with agent and unknown devices
fusinvinventory : local inventory of computers (require fusioninventory plugin)
fusinvsnmp : network discovery and snmp inventory (require fusioninventory plugin)
indeed first line was bad, it should be better :

git clone git://gitorious.org/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-for-glpi.git fusioninventory

i fixed the typo in http://fusioninventory.org/wordpress/dow...inventory/
Free software
I thought it was Setup->Plugins?

anyway, it doesn't work for me...
at least when I upload the version 2.2.2 to the plugins directory, glpi says "Incompatible plugin with this version of GLPI : fusioninventory"
but the development version will not be recognized...

Is there any way right now to install fusioninventory plugin for glpi without installing it from "scratch"?
Yes in Setup->Plugins

Like therocc have said, plugin folder name is : fusioninventory
hmm... I have exact the same folder name...

the right folder will be automatically created with this command:
Oups, it's not good, right command is:

git://gitorious.org/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-for-glpi.git fusioninventory
Now you have put the Inventory module for the Fusioninventory for GLPI plugin in a directory which name is the name for the Fusioninventory for GLPI plugin.

The allowed directory name of the plugin is hardcoded in the plugin, so you should be very careful about this. You have to check up you have accurate directory names for each plugin :

"Fusioninventory for GLPI" plugin :
name of the git repository : fusioninventory-for-glpi.git
name of the directory in GLPIROOT/plugins/ : fusioninventory

"Inventory module for Fusioninventory for GLPI" plugin :
name of the git repository : fusioninventory-for-glpi-plugin_fusinvinventory.git
name of the directory in GLPIROOT/plugins/ : fusinvinventory

For GLPI 0.78, the plugins are still in development, so there is no tarball, you should use git. After the plugins will be released, you will be able to use an archive for the installation.
Free software
sorry, it was my mistake in my last post above
the command I run before was this one -> git clone git://gitorious.org/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-for-glpi-plugin_fusinvinventory.git fusioninventory whichwas wrong like themroc said

now I can see the plugin ( after getting it with "git clone git://gitorious.org/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-for-glpi.git fusioninventory")
but I can't install it. when I click on "install" I get only a white page. The whole plugin page will be not diplayed but only the header of the page. :-o
then when I click on Setup->Plugins I can see all the plugins again. but the fusioninvetory is not installed like before.

@themroc
I know, it's a development version and I would test it :-) because of moving from ocs to fusioninventry
Have you errors in logs glpi/files/_log/ ?
hmm... nothing... php-errors.php was not edited/changed for a while...
It's strange, and in error log of Apache?

And you can try to put in your preferences of GLPI , the mode in debug and try to install again. perhaps you will see errors
aah... the logging was disabled...
now I have some logs in php-errors.php & sql-errors.log

php-errors.php says something like this:
04-01-2011 14:53 [14]
Warning(2): fopen(../plugins/fusioninventory/install/mysql/plugin_fusioninventory-2.3.0-update): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Backtrace :
/var/www/glpi/plugins/fusioninventory/install/update_221_230.php:43 fopen()
/var/www/glpi/plugins/fusioninventory/install/update.php:121 update221to230()
/var/www/glpi/plugins/fusioninventory/hook.php:90 pluginFusioninventoryUpdate()
/var/www/glpi/inc/plugin.class.php:521 plugin_fusioninventory_install()
/var/www/glpi/front/plugin.php:55 Plugin->install()

Warning(2): filesize(): stat failed for ../plugins/fusioninventory/install/mysql/plugin_fusioninventory-2.3.0-update
Backtrace :
/var/www/glpi/plugins/fusioninventory/install/update_221_230.php:44 filesize()

Warning(2): fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Backtrace :
/var/www/glpi/plugins/fusioninventory/install/update_221_230.php:44 fread()

Warning(2): fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Backtrace :
/var/www/glpi/plugins/fusioninventory/install/update_221_230.php:45 fclose()

and sql-errors.log:
Error: Table 'glpi.glpi_plugin_fusioninventory_networkequipmentips' doesn't exist
Error: Table 'glpi.glpi_plugin_fusioninventory_configs' doesn't exist
etc.

I think some tables are missing...

Which schema should I use to update the database manually? This one -> plugin_fusioninventory-2.3.0-update.sql??

btw. the file should be "$DB_file = GLPI_ROOT ."/plugins/fusioninventory/install/mysql/plugin_fusioninventory-2.3.0-update.sql"; in fusioninventory/install/update_221_230.php on line 84

yes... it works now...
O, it's because you have old plugin and it is not uninstalled. click on uninstall in setup->plugins
yes... but the line 84 in fusioninventory/install/update_221_230.php points to the file /plugins/fusioninventory/install/mysql/plugin_fusioninventory-2.3.0-update and not /plugins/fusioninventory/install/mysql/plugin_fusioninventory-2.3.0-update.sql

please correct me if I'm wrong