• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FusionInventory USB stick
Hello.

We've worked on an interface with configuration dialogs to run the agent on a live-usb.

To run the interface, you need to install the live-usb and then to boot from it. The boot will ask you to select a keyboard and answer other questions to configure the agent. Then, you will have the choice between running a shell and rebooting the computer.

To use this live-usb, first, unzip the image on http://debian.fusioninventory.org/mirror/val/
After for a linux, run the command `cat fusioninventory-live-usb.img > /dev/sdX` where /dev/sdX is the name of your usb key.
And, for windows, you have to use a software like Image Writer to install it on your key drive.

Regards,
Valentin.
Hello Valentin
Nice great job !!!

I have a little question regarding that :
I am not a gourou with linux : i have certains servers with 6 ethernet cards but nothin can come on the ocs server ... i
it is not a problem if i can write the ocs file on the USB key itself.... but where to put it so i can read the file after when i connect the stick on a windows machine ( real volume live volume...)
Would be nice if you could help me
Regards
Philippe
Yes you can read with editor you want (it's XML into the file)
Co-leader, official developper
DCS official PARTNER: dcs.glpi@dcsit-group.com
what is the mounted device where to put the .ocs file?

because after putting the usbstick in an xp machine i do't have alle the volumes mounted...
Hello, currently, the USB drive does not allow to save files. ocs on itself. But we are looking at how to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Regards,
Valentin.
Valentin,
Ok thank you

i have this problem because the kernel don't see my 7 ethernet ports on my Dell R710..... lol (maybe too many ....) and can't connect to ocs server directly

An alternative for the ocs file is :
Have another usb key
load the modules supporting the usb key such

modprobe vfat
modprobe usb-storage

et mount the new uSB stick in RW

after that we can write the ocs file directly on it

Regards
Yes but on same USB stick, it could be better Wink
Co-leader, official developper
DCS official PARTNER: dcs.glpi@dcsit-group.com
of course !!!! (just a workaround)

i am investigating why the ethernet cards are not viewed...
Hello,

I improved the image of the live-usb. Now, it allows persistence of data after a restart.

To do this persistence, once the USB key is created, create a new ext2 partition with a tool like "Gparted".
The volume must have the name "live-rw" for a size of about 400 Mo.

http://debian.fusioninventory.org/mirror/val/

Regards,
Valentin.