• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import GLPI results by script
Hi there,

We're using OCS now for some time, and when implementing it we also like the Tracker plugin functionality. But because Fusioninventory was being devolved we put that on a hold.
We have one GLPI server and about 500 OCS servers, and with the massimport plugin everything is synced.

We'd also like to list all network devices and this is where FusionInventory for GLPi comes into play.

I've searched for quite some time but I couldn't find a way to make the following work:
1: Run fusioninventory-agent
2: Auto import into GLPI and automatically bind it to the correct entity
3: Inventory all devices.

I can do all of the above in a script except the "bind it to the correct entity" part. If there was a way to set the device ID myself the problem would be solved. All OCS servers have there own WAN IP, so knowing the IP would solve the problem as well.
This would directly solve a "security" issue my boss has, because every PC in the world can enter our GLPI server name and let it show up in the fusioninventory plugin.

Anyone has any idea how to solve my problem?

Thanks!
Rick
You want to send inventory of computers directly into GLPI? If it's this, plugin Fusioninventory (server) not yet ready for this.
Co-leader, official developper
DCS official PARTNER: dcs.glpi@dcsit-group.com
nope, the inventory is send to the OCS servers, this works fine (a direct connection to the GLPI server won't work for us as not all client's can connect to the internet).

On every location there is a debian firewall, from this firewall we'd like to inventory all network devices. When doing this manually everything works. But due to the large number of servers this would be a full time job. At this moment you need to "bind" (IP-range) the fusioninventory-agent result to a entity in GLPI, after this everything works fine. I'd like to automate the "binding".

From A PHP script I call the binding function, from a local database I can get the IP range, but at this moment my script doesn't know which "agent configuration" belongs to which customer.
Ah ok, it will be possible in 2.3.0 version Wink
I have coded it but I must finish (require a little code).

You will always set an iprange but GLPI will choose itself right agent but only in push mode (server GLPI wake agent)
Ok thank you!
Will it also be possible to set some kind of "strict" mode? So it will be like the tracker plugin? (set an code on the client, only with that code you can communicate with the server. So that you can set an IPrange and entity in advance)
Yes IP by entity and you can have an agent by entity and say this agent will discover and inventory by SNMP this rangeIP
In response to the guy asking about how does nasal dilator work, how to become nose breather, should you cover your nose with a face mask, how to use charcoal nose strips, intra nasal breathing aids, how to heal after nose surgery, can nasal polyps affect breathing, how to properly use a nose strip, how to clear your nose so you can breathe, how to treat nose cuts, what is an external nasal dilator, how to breathe when you have runny nose, how to change nostril breathing, nose breathing exercises for anxiety, how to tell if your dog has breathing problems, I highly recommend this click top site for nose breathing benefits james nestor, should you breathe through your nose when exercising, how to heal fast after nose surgery, how long to heal after nose surgery, free breathe right nasal strips uk, do breathe right strips work for congestion, breathe right nasal strips large size 30 strips, how does a nasal dilator work, does a deviated septum affect breathing, can breathe right strips help snoring, nose breathing benefits reddit, runny nose breathing problems, how to open nose breathe, best plasters for cuts, how to improve nostril breathing, is good as well. See More Highest Rated Nasal Dilators Today 3464104