• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to Developers: calculating Remaining toner % Value from 2 OIDs
To FusionInventory Developers:

First of all – Big Thanx for a Great Job you have done, it really good tools for IT.
Now, after dealing with some printer inventories and SNMP models I have some questions:

1. Not all printers returns OID with Toner/Drum remaining % value (HP and Lexmarks do, but Samsung, Xerox and Brother in my case – do not!) – so my question is – Is any other way to present an Information by FusionInventory Plugin that base not on a simple value from specific OID, but a some CALCULATED VALUE made from values taken from 2 different OIDS.
2. After making some research of OIDs of Samsung and Brother printers I have noticed that that return to OIDs with values that can be useful: DRUM/TONER capacity value and DRUM/Toner remaining value – so it will be ease to calculate an Remaining Percentage for a printer from these 2 values.

So I am asking – is it possible to make those calculations and present it on Printers FusionInventory Tag instead /or additionally for those printers that returns instead of percent value some INTEGER= -3 (that means in Brothers case – there is some toner in place)
Thanks Again
Michael
production: GLPI 9.4.5 + Fusioninventory Plugin 9.4+2.4+ OSC NG 2.7 (Centos7) + FusionInventory agent 2.5.2 64-bit (Windows7)
Have you tested the agent without SNMP models (you can do it since agent 2.3.4) ?
Co-leader, official developper
DCS official PARTNER: dcs.glpi@dcsit-group.com
No, I did not .. But I will try that Smile
production: GLPI 9.4.5 + Fusioninventory Plugin 9.4+2.4+ OSC NG 2.7 (Centos7) + FusionInventory agent 2.5.2 64-bit (Windows7)
well .. without any selected SNMP model on printers job ends with error : No devices to inventory
You need the version 0.84+2.1 of plugin released 2 hours ago Wink
oohh .. so generally it possible what I have asked about? OID calculations?
Yes in some cases we use calculation between 2 OIDS to have the right value (like MAX - FREE = used)
Updated to 0.84+2.1 Plugin - same error "No devices to inventory" (for Network Inventory SNMP job for a printer without SNMP model selected)
You have selected you agent in the task (and this same agent is a version >= 2.3.4) ?
yes, agent 2.3.5 64-bit windows 7
You have right an IP and a SNMP authentication on this printer?
yes I do
it does work with an SNMP model selected on the printer, but when I remove the model, job scan returns error "No devices to inventory"
the Job set as Inventory SNMP and not as Discovery .. for specific Printer Item (not an IP range!)
Can you try with IP range?
I have created test range with 2 IPs in it ... and the result is ERROR "No devices to inventory"..
:/ I may try
by the way: after updating to the new version of Fusioninventory plugin all snmp models from printers has been removed ... (only 4 from 50 printers still have SNMP model that has been selected manually for all printers) and for next inventory Job listed only those with models (4 printers only) ..
Yes there is a bug for printer, apply these patch and will works better: http://forge.fusioninventory.org/project....class.php
thank you for quick responce Smile
and as for my original question - can I build an SNMP model for printer that operates with different values for presenting the result on remaining toner meter?
calcul is automatic when get the oids MAX, REMAIN