• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to properly set nested locations to network switches
Hi.

This is my first post, therefor I would like to say hello to everybody and express my admiration for everybody working on this great project.

I have a question though.
I can not find any information on how to properly set locations to network switches, so that they would be imported with network inventory as nested locations.

For example:
If I set location on the switch as “microlocation-xy”. The location is imported to GLPI on the first level.
Then I manualy set “microlocation-xy” as a child of “macrolocation-xy”. Now I have “microlocation-xy” on the second level with full name “macrolocation-xy > microlocation-xy”.
At the next inventory though, the location is impotred again as a new location “microlocation-xy” on the first level. So now I have an empty location “macrolocation-xy > microlocation-xy” and the new location “microlocation-xy” which is now the switch location.
Then I tried to set location on the switch as “macrolocation-xy > microlocation-xy”. At the next inventory the new location is imported as location
“macrolocation-xy > microlocation-xy” on the first level.

So now I have:
- microlocation-xy (first level) child of macrolocation-xy (second level) [full name = macrolocation-xy > microlocation-xy]
- microlocation-xy (first level) [full name = microlocation-xy]
- macrolocation-xy > microlocation-xy (first level) [full name = macrolocation-xy > microlocation-xy]

What is the right way then to set location on the switch so that it would be imported as nested location?

My system: GLPI 0.90.3 + FusionInventory for GLPI 0.90+1.3 + FusionInventory-Agent_v2.3.16