• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
405 method not allowed when using proxy
We have a proxy for incoming Fusion Inventory Agent reports from off site. It had been working for years, but sometime since agent version 4.2 (I updated to 4.5 also) I'm getting
proxy error: 500 establishing SSL tunnel failed: 405 Method Not Allowed

When I take the proxy option out of the registry and using VPN have a "direct connect" it works fine. The proxy is a simple apache reverse proxy on EL7.
GLPI 9.3.3 Copyright © 2015-2018 Teclib' and contributors

FusionInventory 9.3+1.1 - Copyleft © 2010-2018 by FusionInventory Team

are the server versions.

Any ideas?
Hi,

4.2 & 4.5 versions doesn't exist. I suppose you're talking about 2.4.2 & 2.5.

So when you're saying "since 4.2", I understand "since 2.4.2". But does this mean you don't have anymore this problem when you're installing 2.4.1 or older version ? If you're not sure, can you try older version until you find the one which just works ?

I'm definitively not sure this is an agent issue. Did you check if the proxy system was updated recently so maybe the regression would be there ? This can also be a problem on GLPI server, not understanding the proxy requests. You should investigate each point and report your analysis for each.
(2019-06-28, 08:08:08)gbougard Wrote: Hi,

4.2 & 4.5 versions doesn't exist. I suppose you're talking about 2.4.2 & 2.5.

So when you're saying "since 4.2", I understand "since 2.4.2". But does this mean you don't have anymore this problem when you're installing 2.4.1 or older version ? If you're not sure, can you try older version until you find the one which just works ?

I'm definitively not sure this is an agent issue. Did you check if the proxy system was updated recently so maybe the regression would be there ? This can also be a problem on GLPI server, not understanding the proxy requests. You should investigate each point and report your analysis for each.

One thing - there's no entry in the access logs on the proxy server at all for a test system. Using Firefox to the same proxy URL and providing the same credentials works to load the GLPI login page, and that attempt shows up in the logs. So it's like the client isn't even starting to connect?