• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scanning client computers and report output
Hi,

I've already had posted this to GLPI's forum, unfortunately, no response.  Hoping it will be different here.

Anyways, I have Fusion Inventory plug-in installed and have an agent deployed (only on 2 computers at this moment of testing).  Will it be possible to report the following:
   - Device health (like HDD experiencing problem--reaching capacity, SMART failing status, etc)
   - Server or network device offline
   - Out-of-date programs, (virus) definitions and windows updates
   - Files present in client computers (like videos saved)

I've previously used Spiceworks in my previous companies and it reports health of devices in the user home portal as well as generate an email report for such.

Hopefully, it will also be possible.

Thank you in advance!

Buruguduy
Hi Buruguduy,

actually, monitoring features are not included in the agent, so for "Device health" and offline devices, the answer is simply no, this is not actually possible.

For "Out-of-date" program, virus definitions, windows updates, we just make inventory, the "Out-of-date" logic should probably be implemented in GLPI. For "virus definitions", you must check the "antivirus" tab using latest agents to check if yours is supported. Windows updates are inventoried, but you need to analyse the inventory by yourself to find which computer may be not up-to-date.

For "Files present in client computers", the included "Collect" task supports file search with regex matching.
(2019-09-24, 09:45:23)gbougard Wrote: Hi Buruguduy,

actually, monitoring features are not included in the agent, so for "Device health" and offline devices, the answer is simply no, this is not actually possible.

For "Out-of-date" program, virus definitions, windows updates, we just make inventory, the "Out-of-date" logic should probably be implemented in GLPI. For "virus definitions", you must check the "antivirus" tab using latest agents to check if yours is supported. Windows updates are inventoried, but you need to analyse the inventory by yourself to find which computer may be not up-to-date.

For "Files present in client computers", the included "Collect" task supports file search with regex matching.

Thank you gbougard!  

I get that the monitoring is not possible.

As for the possible ones like virus definitions, I am actually still at loss on how to configure and manage the tasks in GLPI.  I'm new to this.  As you may know, I have implemented Spiceworks which just works out-of-the-box after configuring the credentials.  It scans the network and generate reports.  

Here, I am having a hardtime understanding which is which, what does what--including the terminologies, process flow, etc.

I appreciate your response though, the weakest link this time is behind this keyboard.

Again, thanks!