• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicated items after SNMP query run
I have faced a strange issue, after every run of Fusioninventory task some items are beeing duplicated , see the screenshot attached:
[Image: dulpicateddlinkap.th.png]

What could cause such problem? By the way the IP of the duplicated device is not as it should be ...
production: GLPI 9.4.5 + Fusioninventory Plugin 9.4+2.4+ OSC NG 2.7 (Centos7) + FusionInventory agent 2.5.2 64-bit (Windows7)
Problem on FusionInventory for GLPI Plugin 0.80-1.1 (Beta3) ?
Co-leader, official developper
DCS official PARTNER: dcs.glpi@dcsit-group.com
Yes, Beta3 ..
More over: most network connections are messed up (PC to switches, printers, Different VLANS and etc ..) most of equipment suddenly got connected (by snmp query) to unknown hub on some switch ... I can understand what caused this thing ..

[Image: networkmessedup1.th.png]
and
[Image: networkmessedup2.th.png]

the list of devices is pretty long .. and they are definetly connected to different port on number of other switches ..
I think it might be a wrong SNMP model is used within the switch .. this model was defined by Discovery task of fusioninventory agent.
production: GLPI 9.4.5 + Fusioninventory Plugin 9.4+2.4+ OSC NG 2.7 (Centos7) + FusionInventory agent 2.5.2 64-bit (Windows7)
What switch it is ?
HP - PROCURVE 1800-8G (J9029A) - PA.03.04
Hp - PROCURVE 1700-24 (J9080A) - VB.02.04
After upgrating Fusioninventory plugin for GLPI - to 080.11-RC1 - there is still a problem: many PCs from different locations after running a SNMP query task are getting connected to IP interfaces of 1 or 2 swithces (Procurve switches see previous post) - in fact those PCs are connected to number of different switches .. something wrong with taht Query job..
Please advise ..
So a computer is connected with many switch in same time ?
No, computers are connected (in fact) to the other switches in different places .. but after SNMP query they listed as they connected to some unknown HUB and that hub is connected to IP interface of the quered switch ..(Ip interface is not a real physical port, but a virtual switch port)

[Image: networkmessedup3.png]

[Image: networkmessedup4.png]
interesting, can you give us the XML of this switch (in tab 'fusinv XML') ?
XML was sent by email
that kind of thing is happens on number of switches (procurve switches I have mentioned before), and various from scan to scan: ones most of devices and pcs could be connected to one of those switches, after next scan - all those devices and pc - could be connected to another switch ...
by the way - Tracker pluging works just fine on the same network ...
David, did you recieved the XML that I sent?
DD, yesterday I updated the Fusioninventory pluging to stable version, and GLPI to 80.6, but there is still messup with HP switches ... just like on screenshots I have posted earlier.
What could You advise to do?
David, could you please help to solve the problem that I have described here? Its still there ... what it could be - bad switch models or any configuration problems?
Please, Advise!
Sorry for time delay, don't receive the XML :/

Send me (d.durieux@siprossii.com)

I have think, perhaps your switches don't have the LLDP protocol activated and can explain this problem
Well, those switches works good with Tracker plugin .. I am not sure but may be them does not support LLDP at all ...
XML is on the way ..
Thank You.
Procurve have LLDP in firmware (or if too old CDP). I'm sure! so it's a configuration problem on switches
The problem as far as I can understand is creating a Hub that is virtually connected to a IP Interface of switch (not a physical interface) , and this Hub is virtually connected to almost all network devices on the network (naturally is not the truth ... there are several managed ProCurve swithes on the network). Tracker pluging is working good with this configuration, but new FusionInventory pluging is creating those virtual Hubs (that does not exist) and connecting all devices to it ...
I am thinking to stop monitor those switches with the FI pluging to see is it will help.
PS: switches does support LLDP ...

-----------------------------------
LLDP Neighbor Table

Local Port Chassis ID Remote Port ID System Name Port Description System Capabilities Management Address
8 00-1c-2e-90-85-40 (MAC-address) 39 (local) SW2900@IT-Dept 39 Bridge(+), Router(+) 10.16.1.1 (IPv4)
-------------------------------------
This is what I see in LLDP menu of the switch ... where 10.16.1.1 - is a IP of the backbone switch (VLAN1 on Procurve-2900) - and that is true, connected on port 8, but FI plugin connecting a Hub on IP interface instead of port 8 for somehow reason (may be a port numbering is wrong in SNMP model???).
Humm so it may works if you have this. Can you do on this switch a snmpwalk and send me (snmpwalk -v 2c -c public ip .1 > file.log and the SNMP model you have for this switch?
SNMPwalks has been sent ..
Dear David,
After updating the plugint to version 080-1.2 there are still the same problems with those switches (HP - PROCURVE 1800-8G (J9029A) - PA.03.04 / Hp - PROCURVE 1700-24 (J9080A) - VB.02.04)... after SNMP inventory of those switches almost all network devices are connected to some generic (unknown) Hub on Procurve Switch' port 1 (that is virtual IP port of switch) ... Do you think the issue is fixable (by fixing a model maybe?) or should I have to look for another hardware?
Thank You!
I have made some fixes, version 0.80+.13 will be released wednesday. What version of agent you use? (because I have made many fix in module for agent 2.2.x)
Agents are 2.1 versions .. for windows and linux ..
btw - does agent 2.2 going to be an ubuntu repo package?
Hi David, the problem of FAKE HUBs is back .. after running snmp inventory on several switches fake hubs has been created with connections to PC and network devices that IN Fact are not directly connected to those switches.
It create HUB because it find many mac on a switch port and it not have imformation that there is a switch connected on this port (LLDP)