• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The agent removes and immediately adds the same components
The problem is with some computers.

When there's an inventory, agent removes and immediately adds the same components
example:

PHP Code:
Hard drives
Add the component
ST500DM002-1SB10A (66)
Hard drives
Delete the component
ST500DM002-1SB10A (66

The names of other components are changed. Components do not actually change at this time.
example:

PHP Code:
 Hard drives   Add the componentST250DM000-1BD141 ATA Device (133)
 Hard drives   Delete the componentST250DM000-1BD141 (25

I don't think it's a "two agents writing in the same object" problem. The name of the agent does not change.

glpi v9.4.3 fusioninventory v9.4 1+1

Сan you please tell me why this is happening?
Hi Marina,

which agent version are you using and with which kind of operating systems ?

In the second case, when the name seems to have been changed ("ST250DM000-1BD141" => "ST250DM000-1BD141 ATA Device"), I suppose the agent didn't use the same method to obtain the information. I know this can happen on windows with poor resources. In that case, sometime WMI calls can fail being too long. You may try to put larger delay in the backend-collect-timeout parameter.

If this doesn't help, you may want to check the submitted XML between such change and to check for inconsistency. Look for it in "Import information" tab.
Thank you for reply
agent version FusionInventory-Agent_v2.5.1
operating system is Windows 7 and Windows 10
memory size is 4G/8G

I've obeserved that for the several computers all components are removed periodically, and readded again after several hours.

2019-11-04 23:21 Plugin_FusionInventory (6) td902B341DC357
Controllers Add the component: H77 Express Chipset LPC Controller (60)
Controllers Add the component: 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (59)
Controllers Add the component: 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (58)
Controllers Add the component: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (57)
Controllers Add the component: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller (56)
Controllers Add the component: 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SMBus Controller (55)
Controllers Add the component: 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (49)
Controllers Add the component: IT8892E PCIe to PCI Bridge (70)
Controllers Add the component: 82801 PCI Bridge (22)
Controllers Add the component: 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 5 (61)
Controllers Add the component: 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (54)
Controllers Add the component: 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (53)
Controllers Add the component: 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (52)
Controllers Add the component: 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family 2-port SATA Controller [IDE mode] (51)
Controllers Add the component: 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family 4-port SATA Controller [IDE mode] (50)
Network cards Add the component: AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet (4)
Processors Add the component: Intel® Pentium® CPU G850 @ 2.90GHz (9)

2019-11-04 17:45 Plugin_FusionInventory (6) td902B341DC357
Controllers Delete the component: H77 Express Chipset LPC Controller (60)
Controllers Delete the component: 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (59)
Controllers Delete the component: 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (58)
Controllers Delete the component: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (57)
Controllers Delete the component: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller (56)
Controllers Delete the component: 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SMBus Controller (55)
Controllers Delete the component: 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (49)
Controllers Delete the component: IT8892E PCIe to PCI Bridge (70)
Controllers Delete the component: 82801 PCI Bridge (22)
Controllers Delete the component: 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 5 (61)
Controllers Delete the component: 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (54)
Controllers Delete the component: 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (53)
Controllers Delete the component: 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (52)
Controllers Delete the component: 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family 2-port SATA Controller [IDE mode] (51)
Controllers Delete the component: 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family 4-port SATA Controller [IDE mode] (50)
Network cards Delete the component: AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet (4)
Processors Delete the component: Intel® Pentium® CPU G850 @ 2.90GHz (9)
Can I suggest you double the "backend-collect-timeout " in registry and restart the fusioninventory-agent service for the concerned computers ?

Eventually, you can check the fusioninventory-agent.log file for error on wmi timeout as confirmation this is the problem.
Yes, we will follow the recommendations and report the result
Thank you!
We changed backend-collect-timeout for 4 computers (backend-collect-timeout=360).
Problem is resolved for 2 computers.  It's wonderful. Thank you!
Should we increase the timeout for the other computers? Should we increase it twice again?
Yes you can, this just mean the inventory will take more time as it will wait for the WMI call which seems very long for this computers.
Maybe you can also provide them more resources.

This timeout is mostly there to be sure no bogus inventory task could take 100% CPU forever. Actually I'm not aware of any such bogus task in the agent, so you can increase the timeout until the problem is fixed. By the way if you reach a timeout bigger than an hour, I would think the computer may have some other problem elsewhere in the system.