• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphics card being placed in "Component" and not "Graphics Card"
Hi,

We are running fusioninventory-agent-2.5.1-2 on Centos 7 workstations. Some of the gpus are being correctly categorised as 'Graphics Cards' However some are remaning in 'Components'. This means searches are not intuitive 

example

<CONTROLLERS>
      <CAPTION>GM200GL [Quadro M6000]</CAPTION>
      <DRIVER>nvidia</DRIVER>
      <MANUFACTURER>NVIDIA Corporation</MANUFACTURER>
      <NAME>GM200GL [Quadro M6000]</NAME>
      <PCICLASS>0300</PCICLASS>
      <PCISLOT>03:00.0</PCISLOT>
      <PCISUBSYSTEMID>10de:1129</PCISUBSYSTEMID>
      <PRODUCTID>17f0</PRODUCTID>
      <TYPE>VGA compatible controller</TYPE>
      <VENDORID>10de</VENDORID>
    </CONTROLLERS>

What is the best procedure for correcting this as I can see the Product ID correctly listed in pci.ids

17f0  GM200GL [Quadro M6000]
17f1  GM200GL [Quadro M6000 24GB]
It would be ideal if there was the ability to recategorise a Component in the database to another hardware category such as a Graphics Card. If there is a way to do this would someone be able to advise, that way we are not reliant on Fusioninventory to make this determination.
Answering my own question here. It appears that the fusioninventory Video.pm contains a check to parse the Xorg information and determine the Video card type. This was failing due to the code not being able to determine the PID and path. Solution is to point the script directly to the Xorg log file. Example:

/usr/share/fusioninventory/lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/Inventory/Linux/Video.pm

if ($xorgPid) {
        #my $link = "/proc/$xorgPid/fd/0";          ### failing task
        my $link = "/var/log/Xorg.0.log";                ### hardcode to Xorg log file
        if (-r $link) {
            $xorgData = _parseXorgFd(file => $link);
            $logger->debug_result(
                action => 'reading Xorg log file',
                data  => $xorgData
            );
        } else {
In response to the guy asking about how to make a cut on my nose, are you supposed to cover your nose with a mask, nose plaster fashion, breathe right nose strips uk, nostril and breathing exercise, zquiet breathe intra-nasal breathing aids, nasal strip, nasal septum deviation breathing problems, nasal dilators for sleep apnea, how to repair broken nose piece on glasses, can nasal drip cause shortness of breath, nasal bone breathing problems, breathe right nasal strips small/medium clear 30 count, how long to keep a nasal strip on, how to replace nose pads on ray ban glasses, I highly suggest this discover - buy for how to properly breathe through your nose, breathe right strips hurt my nose, do breathe right strips work for snoring, how do i take care of my nose after surgery, can nasal spray affect your lungs, can you wear nasal strips all day, nasal breathing during running, nose breathing benefits, how to treat nose cuts, do you cover your nose with a face mask, post nasal drip breathing problems, how to use ulta beauty charcoal nose strips, how to become a nose breather, do nasal dilators work, do nasal dilators help sleep apnea, is good as well. See More Most Excellent Nasal Dilators Of 2021 86c6_8a