• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FusionInventory-agent (windows) - configuration (mass deployment)
Information 
Good afternoon. I have used a large number of computers under control of OS Windows 10 Pro.

For testing, manually installed fusioninventory-agent on each computer running Windows 10 Pro.
Since there are still a lot of computers, you need to automate the installation. I know that it is possible to automate the installation through AD group policies or, for example, through Kaspersky Security Center.

The site has an article: http://fusioninventory.org/documentation...-line.html

As you can see, the article is for version 2.3.x, but now the version is already 2.5.x it is clear to Me that the arguments are the same, but in the new installation some new arguments have been added. This can be understood if you compare the installation of the latest version 2.5.1 with the version on the site 2.3.1: http://fusioninventory.org/documentation...-mode.html

Question. If I have already installed fusioninventory-agent on several computers in the graphical installation mode, can I pick up a file from these computers, in which the necessary installation parameters will already be prescribed for me, so that I do not manually compose arguments, but already take the finished one. Is there such a possibility? I tried to find the ready setup config file in the folder C:\Program Files\FusionInventory-Agent but it seems that there is no such thing. Is there a file from which you can take ready-made and configured arguments, which will be in the form of text values?

I. e. I mean, here I did installation in a graphic mode and chose a tick that I agree with the license agreement. In text form, this argument is /acceptlicense

So that I don't have to write these arguments manually to automate the installation and is it possible to take these arguments already from the finished installation on one of the computers where the installation was manual in graphical mode?

Sorry for my english. Hope, that understandable wrote.
Hi alexkenon,

the best way is to use the VBS file from our github:
https://github.com/fusioninventory/fusio...oyment.vbs

You essentially need to update SetupVersion and SetupOptions.
Set SetupVersion to the latest (2.5.1 actually but 2.5.2 in few days).
Update at least "server" in SetupOptions. You can remove /runnow if you can wait an hour (by default) to an inventory incoming. 2.3.1 installer options are still relevant for 2.5.1 installer. Few new options are available, but you shouldn't really need it unless you have specific needs.

Actually config is in registry, so no you can't just copy files. I think of it: by default the agent runs as service, so the installer must run to have the service registered.
(2019-11-20, 15:27:46)gbougard Wrote: Hi alexkenon,

the best way is to use the VBS file from our github:
https://github.com/fusioninventory/fusio...oyment.vbs

You essentially need to update SetupVersion and SetupOptions.
Set SetupVersion to the latest (2.5.1 actually but 2.5.2 in few days).
Update at least "server" in SetupOptions. You can remove /runnow if you can wait an hour (by default) to an inventory incoming. 2.3.1 installer options are still relevant for 2.5.1 installer. Few new options are available, but you shouldn't really need it unless you have specific needs.

Actually config is in registry, so no you can't just copy files. I think of it: by default the agent runs as service, so the installer must run to have the service registered.

Hello. Thanks for the help. Then the question on this script-is there any instruction? Do I understand correctly that this script will download the necessary version of fusioninventory-agent itself, which we will specify in the script itself? I. e. there will be an online download from the official site and installation-all in automatic mode? I. e. we do not need to put fusioninventory-agent in the folder with the script?

P.S. The agent version is 2.5.2 will be released soon?
Yes you're right, the VBS with download the specified version from our github releases page. This means also computers need to have an internet access. Otherwise, you can also put the installer in a shared place in your IT and change the SetupLocation variable in the script.

Yes the 2.5.2 agent will be released soon, I'm still investigating few issues before the release.
(2019-11-21, 09:56:21)gbougard Wrote: Yes you're right, the VBS with download the specified version from our github releases page. This means also computers need to have an internet access. Otherwise, you can also put the installer in a shared place  in your IT and change the SetupLocation variable in the script.

Yes the 2.5.2 agent will be released soon, I'm still investigating few issues before the release.

Understood. Thanks very much. Still 1 question - if under quick agent, me be satisfied with almost all settings by default (but some settings need to change), then: 1. Do I need to add all arguments on all settings in the script? or 2. Do I need to add only those arguments in the script that are not included by default or have a different value (which I want to change)?