• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignoring publisher when importing software
Is there anyway when importing data that the publisher be ignored when matching software? 

For example, if I have a Windows 7 computer and I import the XML file into GLPI, the operating system and the other software is added, or if the software already exist, its applied to whats there (adding version if needed).  But a day later, I assign publishers to the software I imported. Now comes the need to re-import the same computer with updated software on it... but ALL the software is again added because the software I assigned publishers to is now considered different. Though in reality I only installed 2 new pieces of software. Why should the others be re-added? 
Also, if a come along and import a new machine and it has some of the same software as my previous entry, since those have different publisher data. Instead of being grouped/associated with the them, they are brand new software entries.

Anyone have any ideas?
It's normal, the software criteria is the name + the publisher, so if these 2 fields not found it create a new software
Co-leader, official developper
DCS official PARTNER: dcs.glpi@dcsit-group.com
(2019-12-13, 22:06:49)ddurieux Wrote: It's normal, the software criteria is the name + the publisher, so if these 2 fields not found it create a new software

Thanks for your response.  I would encourage you to consider the option of changing how this is handled in the future.
After some code changes, I was able to remove the publisher requirement. It now matches on just the name.
I also had to solve the problem with operating systems hack you had in the code, I added the service pack information to the name and removed it from the comments.
I found several places where both Windows 7 (without the service pack) and Windows 7 SP1 were rolled into the same entry, only to have the comments say "Service Pack 1" which is extremely misleading to users.
Although I don't have the extra time right now, this will work for me. However my hope would be to have the code functioning in the following manner:
* If the entry being imported has a publisher, look for a match on both, if no match is found, then look for a match just on name... if no match, then add new.

Thanks again!
For software, it can works if you don't have 2 software with same name but from 2 different publisher, I saw it many times :p
Co-leader, official developper
DCS official PARTNER: dcs.glpi@dcsit-group.com